Thursday, March 18, 2010

Touched...

Today my son reminded me of something very important in life!!

I took the kids to school today and a mother who I don't know came up to me and asked if I was Tyler's mum. I replied "yes." She then continued to say that "your son has really lifted my sons spirits and has made him feel really good about himself." I thought wow, what did Tyler say. Apparently, this boy who is in a different class has fallen off of his scooter and has scraped up his face pretty badly. The boy was very sad about how his faced looked and Tyler came to him and said, "don't worry I know it will get better very soon and it doesn't look bad... everything will be ok." I guess the boy smiled and went home to tell his mum that an american boy named Tyler made him feel good today and told me that my face will get better soon. His mum was so kind and thanked me for having such a caring boy.

I am really touched by this and we are so proud of the way Tyler handled the situation. Like I said Tyler has reminded me of something very important in life and that is to always try to care for others and take a moment to stop and think about how they feel and possibly how you can make them feel better!

5 comments:

Janel Woodin said...

Tyler - You are an awesome young man!! We miss you and can't wait for all of you to come back home!

Holli said...

SO SWEET!!!
Kylie was so good today! love your family!

Wonderfully Made..... Psalm 139:14 said...

It makes you SOOOOOO proud doesn't it? That is wonderful and a great reflection on you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Go, Tyler! You are a very wise young man.

Corrina Dea said...

What proud parents you should be. Quite the young man you have there...see all the differences you and your family are making here!!!!